The SMA is always looking for new material to add to our archival collections. The materials should be by or about LGBTQI people and can include any of the following types. The material can be new or gently used or, in some cases, may be rare or historic.
As we grow our book collections, in both the archives and the Out Books on Wheels Lending Library, the SMA is prioritizing books by LGBTQI Black, Indigenous and People of Color. You can find our book wish list, and information about donating, on Facebook.
- Books (all genres)
- Periodicals (magazines, newspapers, newsletters)
- Multimedia (DVDs, CDs, VHS and cassette tapes, vinyl records and vinyl albums)
- Art (paintings, drawings, illustrations, poster art, sculpture)
- Textiles (banners, signs, wall hangings, articles of clothing, hand bags)
- Personal Collections (letters, diaries, manuscripts, book drafts, poems, clippings)
- Organizational Collections (internal papers of any LGBTQI non-profit or business)