Become a Member of the Sexual Minorities Archives.
Donate Online: Use your credit card to quickly and securely make a donation online through PayPal, where you can set up an automatic monthly contribution!
Donate by Mail: Please make your check payable to: SMEF, Inc. and mail it to:
SMEF, Inc. / SMA
PO Box 6579
Holyoke, MA 01041-6579
Include our mail-in financial contributions form when you send us your check, money order, or credit card information. We prefer that you do not mail cash. Please indicate if you need a receipt for the purpose of taking a tax deduction. The Sexual Minorities Educational Foundation (SMEF), Inc. is a federal 501(c)(3) non-profit organization; your donation is tax-deductible to the full extent of the law.
Bequests: Please contact us directly if you wish to include us in your will. SMA will happily work with you. Please email us for information. If you want to leave a lasting legacy to support the SMA, here is sample bequest language for your attorney:
“I give, devise, and bequeath ____% of my estate/the remainder [or $______] of my estate to Sexual Minorities Educational Foundation, Inc., a non-profit 501(c)(3) [Tax ID #45-0991178] located in Holyoke, MA.”
Other Ways to Financially Support the SMA:
- Check with your workplace to see if they have a matching grant program and sign up for that.
- See if your organization gives grants and let us know how to apply.
- Ask your friends and relatives to contribute!
- Make us the recipient of your wedding or birthday party donations if you don’t want to receive presents at this time in your life.
- Host a fundraiser on behalf of the SMA. Some ideas include:
- Dinner Parties
- Rent Parties: Throw a party to raise money to pay for one month of rent ($400) to help house the SMA
- Film Nights: Gather friends at your house to watch a LGBTQI movie. Let us know if you’d like to borrow one from the SMA!
- Commit to “passing the hat” at an event or meeting and donate the proceeds to SMEF, Inc. for the SMA.